Unexpected African Adventures with Travcoa
In 1933, Ernest Hemingway set sail to Kenya for an African hunting safari. Though it lasted only 10 weeks, the safari left the author entranced with the continent for the rest of his life. That first encounter with the Ngong Hills would eventually leave Hemingway with countless animal horns, numerous injuries, and the material for two short stories and a non-fiction novel.
Image: A herd of elephants in the shadow of Mt. Kilimanjaro
Today’s travelers are just as enchanted by the lure of Africa. But how do you ensure the reality lives up to the dream? Luxury African expeditions, like those with Travcoa, take you from the thrill of animal drives in the bush to the iconic luxury of tented camps -- and best of all, everything detail is considered and everything is included. Here are some of the unique experiences on an African luxury safari with Travcoa:
1. Adopt an Elephant -- The Orphan's Project protects elephants against the struggle of poachers, human growth, deforestation and drought. Take a moment to meet the adorable baby elephant that Travcoa has adopted on your behalf.
2. Hot-Air Balloon Rides Over the Masai Mara -- Watch the sun rise over the vast Masai Mara from your perch in a hot-air balloon. See herds of zebra thunder across the landscape below you and cap off the morning with a sumptuous champagne breakfast in the bush.
3. Visit an Iraqw Tribe -- Chat with local schoolchildren and meet tribe members who teach you about their building methods, weaving techniques and cultural heritage.
4. Relax in Luxury Tented Encampments -- Retire in the evenings to chilled drinks around the campfire and luxury tent accommodations where the Africa of your dreams meets the rich landscape of the Serengeti plain.
5. Enjoy a Catered Lunch in the Ngorongoro Crater -- Descend into “Africa’s Garden of Eden” where the greatest concentration of wildlife on the planet resides. Witness wildebeests and cheetahs, lions and black rhino. Then, take a break from tracking to enjoy an elaborately-catered picnic lunch.
Even deep in the heart of Africa you are assured of meticulous attention, uncompromised luxury, and concierge-style care with Travcoa. From your Travel Director to the camp staff, every detail is attended to and every need considered. And best of all, we’ve included everything, from accommodations to in-country flights, tours to dining. That means even the gratuities are pre-paid, and you’ll never have to fuss with foreign exchange rates or worry that your local guides are being adequately rewarded for their time.
Travcoa is known worldwide for its small-group Escorted Journeys, Private Tours and Custom Travel in Africa and other exotic travel destinations. To learn more, call your travel agent or a Travcoa Journey Consultant at 1-800-992-2003, or email email@example.com.